1st September Meeting- Sept. 7, 2017
Johnson City Country Club
The J.C. Lion’s Club met for its regular September meeting on September 7, 2017 at 12 noon. Those in attendance were Lions: King Lion Gayle Cox, Tim Tapp, Billy Pike, Brian Powell, Don Raines, Steve Campbell, Jerry Lonon, George Winton, Ed Gibbons, Dennis Powell, Mark Fox, and guests David Horton and Jack Simpson.
The Tail Twister collected .92 and the Lion Tamer collected 12.00. Steve Campbell won the drawing and asked for the money to be donated to the Turtle Derby.
The meeting was called to order by President Gayle Cox.
Lion Jerry Lonon led in the pledge and Lion Brian Powell led in prayer.
- The Sevier County Lions Club sent a thank you note for the banner that we donated to their club.
- Gayle Cox announced the Scrapbook project in the district and gave instruction on things that could be contributed.
- George Winton encouraged Turtle sales for the Turtle Derby.
- The USA/Canada Forum will take place during the week of September 21 so we will not have a meeting here.
- Program Chair Mark Fox introduced Jack Simpson from Milligan College.
Jack Simpson has been VP for Institutional Advancement at Milligan College for 18 years. Mr. Simpson gave a brief history of Milligan as well as some of the many accolades that Milligan has been awarded over the past several years. He presented us with a thank you note from Milligan Student Brian Sehrer for the recent scholarship that we provided. Mr. Simpson encouraged us to remember Milligan to prospects, support them financially, and to pray for them.
President Cox presented a Lion’s Club 100th anniversary mug to Mr. Simpson as a gift of appreciation for his presentation.
With no further business to come before the club the meeting was adjourned.
Tim Tapp – Secretary