MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
OF THE JOHNSON CITY LIONS CLUB
HELD AT THE JOHNSON CITY COUNTRY CLUB ON FEBRUARY 9, 2012
A Regular Board Meeting was called to order at 12:28 PM on this date by King Lion Dr. Steve Campbell
The Board Members who have a “P” after their names were in attendance:
PRESIDENT DR. STEVE CAMPBELL-P
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT – KEN GOUGH-P
1ST VICE PRESIDENT JOHN MERRISS-P
2ND VICE PRESIDENT PAUL EASLIC-P
SECRETARY JOHN MERRISS-P
PROJECTS TREASURER ED GIBBONS-
ADMINISTRATIVE TREASURER DEBBIE SHIPLEY-
TAIL TWISTER STERLING WINN-
LION TAMER CB WILLIS-
MEMBERSHIP CHAIR JOHN MERRISS-P
(2nd year of Two Year term) Director ANN VANDREUMEL-P
(2nd year of Two Year) SPECIAL TWO YEAR DIRECTOR JOHN VANDREUMEL-P
SPECIAL TWO YEAR DIRECTOR DR. GEORGE WINTON-P
ONE YEAR DIRECTOR LION DEBBIE MERRITT-P
Also in attendance were PDG, Dennis Powel and Lions Jerry Lonon and Jim Paviglio
Minutes of Business Meeting:
1. The minutes from the last Board meeting held December 8th, 2011 were read and approved.
2. Administrative Treasurer: No report.
3. Projects Treasurer: No report.
4. As required in Article VI in the Club’s constitution the secretary reported that the following active Lions have missed the past four consecutive meetings or more without a makeup.
No report given
5. As required by Article VI in the Club’s constitution the Membership Director must report anyone who is four or more months in arrears on monthly dues or other money due to the Club.
No one was reported in arrears.
6. Committee Reports:
Public Relations: No report
Eyeglasses recycling: No report
Membership and Retention: No report.
Programs: No report.
Sight Conservation: No report..
Budget and Finance: No report
Turtle Derby: No report.
Zone Meeting: No report.
Lions Signs: No report.
Membership: New Member Training: No report
Health and Welfare: No report.
Nuts and Bolts Committee: No report.
Conventions and training: The District 12N Convention will be held at the Crown Plaza Hotel in downtown Knoxville, February 17-18, 2012. PDG Lion Powell said we have an obligation to have as many Lions as possible at the Convention to support Lion Gibbons candicity for District Govenor. Either make arrangements with other Lions to car or van pool or come alone but be sure to support Lion Eddie and arrange to be there Saturday morning the 18th between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM. We need all hands (JC Lions) on deck.
Kid’s Sight Vision Screenings: No report
Little League: No report
Pecans: No report
LCIF: No report.
7. Old Business:
8. New Business: Lion Don Britton, executive director of LVBI along with Trevor Southerland personnel manager and Jamie Aistrop, Operations Manager at LVBI were introduced and voiced their interest in working with the Johnson City club to do a local donations call campaign fund raiser using the Johnson City LVBI call center calling residents of Washington County for donations for the Johnson City club and LVBI. After a through explanation of how the program would work the Lion Secretary made a motion to allow the LVBI call center to conduct a pilot test program on behalf of the Johnson City Lions Club as a fundraiser for our club and the LVBI call center. No funds from our club will be necessary to initiate the test campaign and, if successful, this could become a permanent yearly spring fundraiser The motion was seconded by Lion Gough and after a long and frank discussion was approved with 5 yeas and 3 neas. The secretary was charged with monitoring the test on a daily basis and agreed to shut it down at the first sign of any negativity or upset from those being called.
Lion Merritt said she had talked to Lion Shipley and asked that all females attending the Sweetheart dinner next week wear black in celebration of Black (?) Tuesday (?). Nothing was said about what the men should wear but it seems that in the spirit of the event at least a clean pair of overhauls(maybe pink ones) would be in order.
King Lion Campbell adjourned the meeting at 12:57 PM.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: Thursday, March 1st , 2012
John J. Merriss