Johnson City Lions Club Board Meeting Notes (LCI No. 5093)
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2015
Meeting Place: THE JOHNSON CITY COUNTRY CLUB
The Regular Board Meeting was called to order at 12:29 PM.
The Board Members who have a “P” after their names were in attendance.
PDG Dennis Powell-P
President George Winton-P
Immediate Past President Sterling Winn –
1st Vice-President Ken Gough – P
2nd Vice President Steve Campbell -P
3rd Vice President Gayle Cox –
Projects Treasurer Ed Gibbons- P
Administrative Treasurer Debbie Shipley-P
Tail Twister Mike Ferguson-
Lion Tamer Theresa Gibbons –
Secretary John Merriss – P
2 Year Director Lynda Gochenouer-
Special Two Year Director Tom Terry-
Also present, Lions Jerry Lonon and Ed Hensley
1. Minutes of the last BOD Meeting: The minutes for December 2014 were accepted without being read.
2. Administrative Treasurer: Lion Debbie Shipley: Report for December and January; Income, $1,286.00 for Dec. and $427.50 Jan. Expenses $740.05 for Dec. and $1,049.76 with a Checkbook Balance of $5018.60 for Dec. and $4,396.34 for Jan.
3. Projects Treasurer: Lion Ed Gibbons: from 12/11/2014 to 2/12/2015 – Income, $15,104.06, expenses, $10,275.34, profit $4,828.72. Total Liabilities & Equity $35,602.29.
Lion Gough moved to accept both treasurers’ reports as submitted. Seconded by Lion Campbell the motion carried by unanimous voice vote
4. Membership: No report.
5. Dues: No report.
6. Committee Reports:
Eyeglass Recycling: Next Roanoke trip will be the first week-end in April. (No snow)
7. Sight Conservation: No report.
8. Eye Screenings: No report.
9. Pecans: No report.
10. Christmas Benevolence: No report.
11. Turtle Derby: No report.
New Business: King Lion stated it’s time to nominate a slate of officers for 2015-2016. He asked that Nominating Committee members Sterling Winn, Steve Campbell and Ken Gough along with the secretary schedule the nominating and election meetings.
King Lion George, also asked the following Lions to prepare a report for their area of responsibility so that he can prepare his end of the year reports for the District and Lions International:
Ken Gough – Eyeglasses recycling
CB Willis – Kid Sight eye screenings
Steve Campbell – Turtle Derby
Ed Gibbons – Pecans
John Merriss – membership gains/losses
George Winton – Bell ringing/Christmas benevolence
Steve Campbell – Scholarships
Ed Gibbons – Sight Conservation
Old Business: Steve Campbell moved that due to her recent long hospital stay all Lion Jane Myron’s current and past dues be waived and her membership be changed from active to member at large with no dues. The motion was seconded by Lion Gough and unanimously approved by voice vote.
Meeting adjourned at: 12.51 PM.
Next Regular Meeting: Thursday, February 19th, 2015.
Next Board Meeting: March 12, 2015