MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING OF THE JOHNSON CITY LIONS CLUB HELD AT THE JOHNSON CITY COUNTRY CLUB ON May 12, 2011
A Regular Board Meeting was called to order at 12:27 p.m. on this date by King Lion Steve Campbell
The Board Members who have a “P” after their names were in attendance:
PRESIDENT DR. STEVE CAMPBELL-P
1ST VICE PRESIDENT JOHN MERRISS
2ND VICE PRESIDENT PAUL EASLIC-P
SECRETARY JOHN MERRISS-P
PROJECTS TREASURER ED GIBBONS-P
ADMINISTRATIVE TREASURER DEBBIE SHIPLEY-P
TAIL TWISTER STERLING WINN-P
LION TAMER CB WILLIS-
MEMBERSHIP CHAIR JOHN MERRISS-P
(2nd year of Two Year term) Director ANN VANDREUMEL-P
(2nd year of Two Year) SPECIAL TWO YEAR DIRECTOR JOHN VANDREUMEL-P
SPECIAL TWO YEAR DIRECTOR DR. GEORGE WINTON-P
ONE YEAR DIRECTOR LION DEBBIE MERRITT
Also in attendance were Lions Mark Fox and Jerry Lonon
Minutes of Business Meeting:
1. The minutes from the last Board meeting held April 14th were read and approved with one correction; 20 mechanical turtles have been ordered for the TURTLE DERBY not bought or paid for (the order is pending).
2. Administrative Treasurer, Lion Debbie Shipley: April $567.80 income, $570.90 Expenses, $0 payment to project fund, $ (3.10) loss, and a $1652.05 checkbook balance
3. Projects Treasurer; Lion Eddie Gibbons: income for 7/1/10 through 5/6/11, $34,961.74, expenses $21,155.05; $ 13,806.69 total income and total assets of $29,094.13.
4. As required in Article VI in the Club’s constitution the secretary reported that the following active Lions have missed four consecutive meetings or more as of and including the first April regular meeting.
5. As required by Article VI in the Club’s constitution Membership Director Lion Steve Campbell reported that four Lions who are in arrears in obligations owing to the Club as of the end of the month of March:
Steve Maddux – 10 months, $325.00
Herman Rice – 8 months, $260.00
Steve Grant – 12 months, $390.00
Lion Sterling Winn made a motion that any Lion three months or more in arrears in obligations owed to the club be dropped from membership and billed $27.50 for any meetings attended to cover the cost of the meals and LCIF dues paid on their behalf. The motion was seconded by Lion Debbie Shipley and approved unanimously.
6. Committee Reports:
Public Relations: No report
Eyeglasses recycling: Lion Gough announced that eyeglasses collections are going well for our fall trip to the Roanoke Recycling Center; something for every active Lion to plan on attending.
LVBI: No report.
Membership and Retention: No report.
Programs: No report
Sight Conservation: No report
Budget and Finance: Lion Debbie Shipley said that LCIF shows our active membership to be 34 where the Club roster shows 38 active members (including affiliates). Secretary Lion Merriss will investigate this discrepancy and report back to the Administrative Treasurer.
Turtle Derby: No report.
Zone Meeting: No report.
Lions Signs: Lion Sterling Winn reported that the new signs are up and they look great.
Membership and Retention: No report
New Member Training: No report.
Health and Welfare: No report.
Newcomers Outreach: No report.
Nuts and Bolts Committee: No report.
Conventions: No report
Vision Screening: No report.
Little League: No report.
7. Old Business: Lion Ken Gough moved that King Lion Campbell contact Lion Jerry Jones to see if he would like to become an At Large Member of the club since he has expressed a desire to take some time off from his regular attendance. The motion was seconded by Lion Paul Easlic and approved unanimously.
- New Business: Lion Sterling Winn moved that $750.00 be appropriated for mattresses and eyeglasses to help victims of Washington County, TN who suffered losses in the resent tornado damage with money and/or mattresses being delivered to the South Central Ruritan warehouse set up for this and that a sign-up sheet be passed around at today’s Board Meeting and at least one additional regular meeting for individual Lions’ donations form the Lions Club.
The motion passed with one nay vote.
King Lion Campbell adjourned the meeting at 1: 04 PM.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: Thursday, May16, 2011.
NEXT MONTHLY BOARD MEETINT: Thursday. June 9, 2011.
John J. Merriss