Johnson City Lions Club Board Meeting Notes (LCI No. 5093)
Date: Thursday, December 13, 2012
Meeting Place: THE JOHNSON CITY COUNTRY CLUB
The Regular Board Meeting was called to order at 2:25 PM.
The Board Members who have a “P” after their
names were in attendance.
President John Merriss-P
Immediate Past President Steve Campbell-
2nd Vice-President Sterling Winn-P
3rd Vice-President George Winton-P
Projects Treasurer Ed Gibbons-P
Administrative Treasurer Debbie Shipley-P
Tail Twister Ken Gough-P
Lion Tamer CB Willis-
2 Year Director Lynda Gochenouer-
(2nd Year of Two Year) Debbie Merritt-
Special Two Year Director CB Willis-
Also in attendance were Lions Ann Vandreumel, Jerry Lonon and Don Raines
1. Minutes of Business Meeting: Ken Gough moved that the reading of the minutes of the last board meeting held on November 10th be waved and that those minutes be approved as written. Seconded by Lion Winton the motion was approved unanimously.
2. Administrative Treasurer: November Income $180.50, Expenses $ 440.27, Profit $ -259.7. Checkbook balance $4495.35.
3. A Projects Treasurer: 11/8/2012 through 12/13/2012. Income $27,261.43, Expenses $10321.64, Profit 16,939.79.
Total Liabilities & Equity $28,450.01
A motion to accept both treasurers’ reports was made by Lion Gough, seconded by lion Winton and approved unanimously.
4. As required in Article VI in the Club’s constitution the following active Lions were reported to have missed the past four consecutive meetings or more without makeup; Lions Janice McClanahan and James Lonon.
5. As required in Article VI in the Club’s constitution no report was available of Lions who are arrears in membership dues or any other money owed the club .
6. Committee Reports:
Membership and Retention: After hearing the letter from esteemed and highly respected Lion, Jance McClanahan, Lion Ken Gough moved to accept with great sadness her request. Seconded by Lion Gibbons the motion was approved unanimously.
Lion Gough moved to accept Lion Brandon Johnson’s request to transfer his membership from the Campbell County Lions Club as soon as we receive a written transfer request from that club. Seconded by Lion Shipley the motion carried.
Zone Meeting: The second Zone meeting this year is tonight at 6PM at Ryan’s Steak house in Greenville. Plan on being there. Call either Lion Fox or Lion Wilkes to car pool.
Lions Signs: Lion Winn said he’s going to leave the signs up this winter due to their durability – no extra charge to the advertisers.
Pecans: Lion CB Willis said the sale is over for this year and if you haven’t got your money in it’s time to do so.
7. Old Business: Lion Shipley said she will present Clair (our sever at the County Club) with $135.00 as a Christmas gift from the members. If you haven’t made a contribution for this and would like to, just show up next week and give Debbie some money.
8. New Business: Lion Gough moved that we cancel the first regular meeting and the Board meeting in January due to the Country Club being closed but have the second regular meeting on Thursday, Jan. 17th. The motion was seconded by Lion Gibbons and carried unanimously.
Meeting adjourned at: 1:02 PM
Our Next meeting is next Thursday,
12/20/2012,our last regular meeting
for 2012!!!!The food and music
will be fantastic. Bring a guest.