Johnson City Lions Club Board Meeting Notes (LCI No. 5093)
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2013
Meeting Place: THE JOHNSON CITY COUNTRY CLUB
The Regular Board Meeting was called to order at 12:29 PM.
The Board Members who have a “P” after their
names were in attendance.
President John Merriss-P
Immediate Past President Steve Campbell-P
2nd Vice-President Sterling Winn-
3rd Vice-President George Winton-P
Projects Treasurer Ed Gibbons-P
Administrative Treasurer Debbie Shipley-P
Tail Twister Ken Gough-
Lion Tamer CB Willis-
2 Year Director Lynda Gochenouer-P
(2nd Year of Two Year) John Vandreumel-
(2nd Year of Two Year) Debbie Merritt-
Special Two Year Director CB Willis-
Also in attendance were Jerry Lonon, Don Rains, Mark Fox, Clem Wilkes
1. Minutes of Business Meeting: A motion to dispense with the reading of the notes from the last board meeting held on
Feb. 14th, 2013 was made by Lion Steve Campbell, seconded by Lion Ed Gibbons and approved unanimously.
2. Administrative Treasurer: Lion Debbie Shipley reported income of $1419.05 for January 2013 and $112.50 for February 2013,
Expenses $896.65 for January of 2013 and $563.59 for February 2013, for a profit of $522.40 for January 2013 and $-451.09 for
February 2013 and a checkbook balance of $5491.29 for January 2013 and $5600.79 for February 2013.
3. A Projects Treasurer: Lion Ed Gibbons reported Income of $351.30, Expenses of 820.00 for a loss of $468.70 and
Total Liabilities & Equity of $29,319.79 for 2/14/2013 through 3/14/2013.
Lion Seve Campbell moved to accept both treasurers’ reports as submitted. The motion was seconded by Lion Ed Gibbons and
4. As required in Article VI in the Club’s constitution the following active Lions
were reported to have missed the past four consecutive meetings or more
without makeup; Lions Jim Lonon and Mark Fox.
5. As required in Article VI in the Club’s constitution IPP Lion Steve Campbell reported that no Lion is in arrears
in membership dues as of this day.
6. Committee Reports:
Eyeglasses Recycling: Next Roanoke trip April 20th 2013.
Membership and Retention: As of February we have 30 active members with 3 new members added this month.
Turtle Derby: The Elizabethon TN club has asked if they could borrow 10 turtles so they could have a Turtle Derby at thier club.
Conventions and Training: District Vice Governor Lion Ed Gibbons reported that officer training will be held at LVBI in Morristown,
TN by District 12-N on April 27th between 9AM and noon. Breakfast will be served. The State convention will be held on May 20th in
Murfreesboro, TN on May 20th.
7. Old Business: Lion Ed Gibbons moved that the board accept the election of officers for 2013-2014 that was unanimously voted in
at the March 7th regular meeting. The motion was seconded by Lion Steve Campbell and approved unanimously.
8. New Business: Lion Mark Fox received a letter of accommodation and an award chevron from LCIF for 25 years of service in
this club as of the summer of 2011.
Meeting adjourned at: 12:56PM.