The Johnson City Lion Club met for its Board meeting on Thursday April 8th, 2021 at 12 noon at the Johnson City Country Club. Present at the meeting were Lion Debbie Shipley (President), Lion Don Raines, Lion George Winton, Lion Ken Gough, Lion Steve Campbell, Lion Chaitra Bommegowda, Guest Lion Daniel Marney Elkins and Lion Doris Kaifa (Secretary).
The meeting was called to order by President Debbie Shipley. Lion Steve Campbell led the opening prayer. Prayer was offered for the sick, Jerry Lonon and all members.
President Shipley when over the District Grant for feeding the hungry. The board voted that the money goes to Good Samaritan Ministries for its Celebrate Life Program to feed the poor.
President Shipley reported that the District is collecting toiletries for the Military. Items include toothbrushes, toothpaste, razers, Christmas Card, etc.
Congratulation! President Shipley report that The Johnson City Lion Club was one of the top First members to complete and turn in their Diabetes awareness package.
The State convention will be held in Nashville, April 29-May 1st, 2021.
President Shipley talked about the new Lion Club to start soon in Erwin. The Club is still working on getting 20 members. Currently 10 Community members are in progress. The exciting news is the Director of the Erwin Library has sign up to be the future President.
Lion Ken Gough inducted New Member Lion Chaitra Bommegowda into the Johnson City Club.
We welcome her EXCITINGLY!!
President Shipley Introduced Lion Daniel Marney Elkins from Delaware. He serves as the 2nd vice District Governor of the 22-D in Delaware. He is the new Club Development Consultant for Lions Clubs International.
Lion Daniel Elkins congratulated the Johnson City Lion Club for being one of the most organized club he had attended. He encouraged and praised the establishment of the Erwin Club by the Johnson City Club.
He encouraged the Johnson City Lion Club to help sponsor the Erwin Library Projects. The projects include Summer Reading Program and A Teen Center. Lion Daniel personally offer to assist with $500 toward the cause.
The Club voted to assist the Erwin Library financially with $4000 for its needed projects. More details will be presented at next meeting.
The president announced that meeting will be on next Thursday May 6th.
With no further business for discussion, the meeting was adjourned by President Debbie Shipley.
At your Service,
- Thanks to Turtle Derby media sponsor, Cumulus Media of the Tri-Cities, consisting of radio stations WQUT, WKOS, WJCW, WGOC and WXSM. More
- Thanks to Turtle Derby media sponsor, the Johnson City News & Neighbor. More
- Thanks to Turtle Derby sponsor, Tri-Cities Skin and Cancer. More
Kids Sight Screenings
- Johnson City Lions Club Board Meeting Minutes March 10, 2022 March 11, 2022
- The Johnson City Lions Club Regular Meeting Minutes March 3, 2022 March 4, 2022
- Johnson City Lions Club Regular Meeting Minutes February 17, 2022 February 18, 2022
- Johnson City Lions Club Board of Directors Meeting Minutes February 10, 2022 February 11, 2022
- Johnson City Lions Club Regular Meeting Minutes February 3, 2022 February 5, 2022