Meeting notes from the regular meeting of the Johnson City Lions Club held Thursday, November 20, 2014 at the Johnson City Country Club, Johnson City, TN 37604
(8 members present and no guests)
The meeting was called to order at 12:20 PM by our First Vice President, Lion Ken Gough, who was substituting for our King Lion, George Winton.
Lion Gough called on Lion Don Raines for the Pledge to the Flag and Lion Ed Gibbons for the invocation.
Lion Ed Gibbons made the announcement of the District 12N Convention to be held on February 20-21, 2015 at the Carnegie Hotel in Johnson City. He asked for all Lions to mark this on their calendars so we will have a good attendance.
The money for our Pecan sales should be given to Lion Ed Gibbons for proper credit.
The money for our Turtle Derby sales should be given to Lion Steve Campbell, also for proper credit.
Our program today was an update on The Tweetsie Trail. The program was given by our very own Lion Ken Gough as he presented beautiful pictures of the scenery that surrounds the trail. The trail is a 10 mile stretch from Johnson City and ends approximately in Valley Forge. Lion Ken was amazed at the number of people that are using this trail, and this just goes to show the popularity of this project. The trail was officially opened on Labor Day of 2014.
Our meeting was adjourned at 1:00 PM.
Lion Steve Campbell, substituting for Lion John Merriss
- Thanks to Turtle Derby media sponsor, Cumulus Media of the Tri-Cities, consisting of radio stations WQUT, WKOS, WJCW, WGOC and WXSM. More
- Thanks to Turtle Derby media sponsor, the Johnson City News & Neighbor. More
- Thanks to Turtle Derby sponsor, Tri-Cities Skin and Cancer. More
Kids Sight Screenings
- JOHNSON CITY LIONS CLUB ANNUAL REPORT AS OF JUNE 30, 2021 July 12, 2021
- Minutes of the Johnson City Lion Club Board Meeting April 8th, 2021 April 21, 2021
- Minutes of the Regular Meeting, Nov. 5, 2020 December 19, 2020
- Minutes of the Board of Directors Meeting, Nov. 12, 2020 December 19, 2020
- Minutes of the Johnson City Lions Club Board Meeting October 8, 2020 October 13, 2020