Please note: Beginning in December after each meeting you will receive an email notification that the meeting notes have been posted on the official Johnson City LionsClub web site with a Link that you can click onto to get you there:
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING OF THE JOHNSON CITY LIONS CLUB HELD AT THE JOHNSON CITY COUNTRY CLUB ON November 10th, 2011
A Regular Board Meeting was called to order at 12:29 p.m. on this date by King Lion Dr. Steve Campbell.
The Board Members who have a “P” after their names were in attendance:
PRESIDENT DR. STEVE CAMPBELL-P
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT – KEN GOUGH-P
1ST VICE PRESIDENT JOHN MERRISS-P
2ND VICE PRESIDENT PAUL EASLIC-
SECRETARY JOHN MERRISS-P
PROJECTS TREASURER ED GIBBONS-P
ADMINISTRATIVE TREASURER DEBBIE SHIPLEY-
TAIL TWISTER STERLING WINN-P
LION TAMER CB WILLIS-P
MEMBERSHIP CHAIR JOHN MERRISS-P
(2nd year of Two Year term) Director ANN VANDREUMEL-P
(2nd year of Two Year) SPECIAL TWO YEAR DIRECTOR JOHN VANDREUMEL-P
SPECIAL TWO YEAR DIRECTOR DR. GEORGE WINTON-P
ONE YEAR DIRECTOR LION DEBBIE MERRITT-
Also in attendance was Lion Jerry Lonon
Minutes of Business Meeting:
1. The minutes from the last Board meeting held October 13th were read and approved.
2. Lion Debbie Shipley’s Administrative Treasurer’s report,: Oct. income $1160.64, Expenses $749.71, and a $1954.55 checkbook balance
3. Lion Eddie Gibbons’ Projects Treasurer’s report;: 10/13/11through 11/10/11, income of 1078.25, expenses $5903.97 and total Liabilities and Equity of $14639.74.
Lion Ken Gough moved to accept both treasury reports as submitted. The motion was seconded by PDG Lion John Vandreumel and it was approved unanimously.
4. As required in Article VI in the Club’s constitution the secretary reported that the following active Lions have missed the past four consecutive meetings or more without a makeup: Janice McClanahan James Lonon Mark Fox
5. As required by Article VI in the Club’s constitution Membership Director Lion Steve Campbell reported one Lion is in arrears in obligations owing to the Club as of the end of the month of Oct., Larry McDaniel
6. Committee Reports:
Public Relations: No report
Website: The web site is www.johnsoncity.tnlions.org but to get to it you’ll need to type http://johnsoncity.tnlions.org/about/. Lion Ken Gough reported that every Club activity now has a page and that all future meeting notes will be posted on the Club site.
Eyeglasses recycling: No report
Membership and Retention: No report.
Programs: No report.
Sight Conservation: Lion Ed Gibbons reported that 79 new pairs of glasses have been purchased and paid for at a cost of $6320.00 which is in line with the money allowed in the budget.
Budget and Finance: No report
Turtle Derby: Lion Winton reported that this year’s Derby Winner’s sponsor will be honored at next week’s regularly scheduled meetingZone Meeting: No report.
Lions Signs: Lion Winn announced that all the signs (much like our precious turtles) have been put away for the winter only to be brought out and hung in the spring.
New Member Training: The Secretary will attend a 12-N meeting at LVBI in Morristown Saturday at 8:30 AM to discuss ways to beef up membership. Any and all Johnson City Club members are invited to attend.
Health and Welfare: No report.
Nuts and Bolts Committee: No report.
Conventions: No report
Vision Screening: Lion CB Wills announced that there will be a Site Screening this coming Wednesday 11-16-2011 with many more to follow on a regular, almost weekly schedule. A short discussion ensued regarding the purchasing of a camera (about $5,000) which will be needed for future consistent screenings.
Little League: No report
Pecans: Lion CB Willis said that most of the pecans have been picked up or delivered. He asked that you give or send him a check for the pecans you have ($256.00/case) and not pay for them as you sell them. Sell the pecans for $8.00 per 12 ounce bag or any price you want as long as you pay $8.00 per bag or $256.00 per case.
Disaster Relief: No report
LCIF: No report.
7. Old Business: None
8. New Business: An auction will be held at next week’s meeting for the Autism Dinner that we purchased last week.
King Lion Campbell adjourned the meeting at 12:55 PM.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: Next Thursday, November 17th , 2011.
John J. Merriss