Johnson City Lions Club Board Meeting Notes (LCI No. 5093)
Date: Thursday, July 10, 2014
Meeting Place: THE JOHNSON CITY COUNTRY CLUB
The Regular Board Meeting was called to order at 12:26 PM.
The Board Members who have a “P” after their names were in attendance.
PDG Dennis Powell
President George Winton- P
Immediate Past President Sterling Winn – P
1st Vice-President Ken Gough – P
2nd Vice President Gayle Cox –
3rd Vice President Steve Campbell – P
Projects Treasurer Ed Gibbons- P
Administrative Treasurer Debbie Shipley-
Tail Twister Mike Ferguson-
Lion Tamer Theresa Gibbons –
Secretary John Merriss – P
2 Year Director Lynda Gochenouer-
Special Two Year Director Terry Thomas-
Also present were Lions Don Raines and Jerry Lonon
1. Minutes of the last BOD Meeting: The meeting notes from the last BOD meeting were read. Lions Gibbons moved to accept the meeting notes as read. The motion was seconded by Lion Raines and approved unanimously.
2. Administrative Treasurer: No report.
3. Projects Treasurer: Lion Ed Gibbons: from 6/12/2014 to 7/10/2014 – Income, $0, expenses, $1210.00. Loss $1210.00. Total Liabilities & Equity $26,485.15. Lion Gough moved to accept the Treasurers’ reports as written and submitted. Lion Campbell seconded the motion and it was unanimously approved
4. Membership: The following Lions have missed 4 or more consecutive regular meetings – Mark Fox and Clem Wilkes
5. Dues: No members are past due.
6. Committee Reports:
Recycling: No report.
Sight Conservation: No report.
Eye Screenings: No report.
Kid Sight Eye screenings: No report.
Turtle Derby: No report.
7. Old Business: The new director for Habitat for Humanity is Art Pearce. He has Jim Paviligio’s contact information and knows that he may be interested in becoming the project manager. Also, Lion Winton knows a candidate, Tom Debord, who, like Jim, wants to know more about the time involved and the help he’ll have. George will contact Director Pierce about Tom.
8. New Business: Lion Wynn moved that we hold off for up to one year buying the new Spot Camera for eye exams for two reasons, (1) right now the number of screenings do not warrant the new camera and (2) as the ACA kicks in the need for screenings may go away and we can use the $7,000.00+ for other needs. Seconded by Lion Gough the motion carried unanimously.
PDG Lion Powell moved that we ask the membership for individual donations for the ETSU fundraiser for the building of a Center for the Performing Arts. Seconded by Lion Gough the motion carried unanimously.
A request from Allison Pigeon, a rising junior with Tri-CitiesChristianSchool, to Lions Winn and Johnson was discussed. Her letter asked for financial help for travel expenses for a mission trip to Belize with her mother. After careful discussion it was decided to send Miss Pigeon a letter explaining that her request was outside our mission and budget but since her mother is a optometrist we would send her the contact information for the eyeglasses recycling center in Roanoke so they could possibly send eyeglasses to Belize if her mother could use them. The letter will go out Friday, July 11.
Meeting adjourned at: 12.45 PM.
Next Regular Meeting: Next Thursday, June 17, 2014.
Next Board Meeting: August 14, 2014
/s/ John Merriss